Monday, August 29, 2011

Signs of Life


Signs of Life – 08/29/2011



Heart beating and mind lost in thought

Breathing quiet and no fear presses in

And yet disquiet rises from my soul

Satisfaction, illusive, slips from my grasp



Longing to be a hero

But mirror shows an ordinary man

Desiring recognition

Heart’s pride needs crucifying



Quiet voice calling my name

From the silence speaking

Surrender your dreams

Put to death falsehood and imitation



Give allegiance to the original

Creative spark had its beginning

One author and no one else

All imitations fail to satisfy



To what final place will we go?

And to what solution turn

When their entirety

Comes up empty



Quiet knock at soul’s door

Author’s voice whispers mercy

Hands reflect eternal sacrifice

Gift offered for our response



Repentance unlocks life eternal

Old man burns with cleansing fire

Author’s breath fills scorched lungs

And new creation rises from ashes



At Eternal Savior’s feet I rest

No where that I’d rather be

Surrounded by fellow seekers

Reborn from the same sacrifice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Please take the time to leave me your comments or just to say hello. I would love to hear from you! Thanks for spending some of your time with me. Kind regards, Mike Meehan