Saturday, July 9, 2011

Love & Fear

Love and Fear:  December 06, 2008





Some say that all life is a stage


At 45 I say it’s more like a cage

Here I stand naked and poor

Stripped of pretense I search for the door



That stage door, a portal

And I a fearful mortal

My strength betrayed by a tear

My days often governed by fear



The stage’s egress before me

Will my curiosity restore me?

My life so very stale

Can stepping beyond alter this tale?



The Word once said that perfect love casts out fear

And He promised one day to wipe away each tear

The door to the stage bars me in

Dare I open it to fly yet again?



Fear is a door

It bars the way

Love is courage

That saves the day



The door blocks my view

Love’s vision can see right through

The door traps me here

Love expands life’s sphere



Fear is a door

And unopened shrivels the soul

Love is a conqueror

And hands me the hero’s role



Fear, a stage door

Shrinks my world

Drowns visions and dreams

Love, He is my God

Guards my heart

Fills my eyes with heavens gleams



Oh fearful door infernal

Meet my God eternal

You are naught before Love

His dreams now my hope from above



Fear the door that traps us here

Love the friend that expands our sphere


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Please take the time to leave me your comments or just to say hello. I would love to hear from you! Thanks for spending some of your time with me. Kind regards, Mike Meehan