Monday, February 19, 2018

Censored

Sometimes I just have to shake my head…

SMH…

You see, well, I’m a writer…

Or I aspire to be that is.

And, as an aspiring writer, I probably do more than my fair share of contemplating.

Also, I suffer from a malady that I can’t quite figure if anyone else has?

An over developed sense of justice and fair play.

Trust me, this is not a very good malady to have. Especially if you live in the real world where even our courts don’t really pursue justice…

No, really… I had a lawyer actually explain to me that it’s not about justice… It’s about winning!!

I didn’t need to have him explain this to me after watching the trial I was a part of once. From the juror’s box, I was disheartened to watch as a victim was further victimized and where the witnesses’ credibility was systematically destroyed.

We live in perilous times…

I have had more than one person say to me over the last few years that I should watch what I say. That I should just step away from controversy and from opining.

But, well… I just can’t… It’s just not me.

And, I think it’s disingenuous… false.

Yes, as I’ve gotten older, I have sometimes seen the wisdom in being silent.

After all, God gave us two eyes, two ears and only one mouth. So, well… we should listen and observe twice as much as we speak. I get it.

But, if the truth is not spoken and we sit in silence as many around us buy into myths, buy into lies and imitation logic, what is one to do.

The scriptures tell us not to throw pearls to swine and I believe we must sometimes cut our losses for sure, but when we feel the tug to put the truth out there, should we really keep silent?!

Even if the truth is put out there in love and genuine concern for others to at least ponder the truth for themselves?

I strongly believe that  silence in the face of untruth and evil in all of it’s guises and manifestations, that is one of the deepest forms of evil…

Silence kills…

If you see something, well, cliché or not, you should say something!

If the emperor has no clothes, somebody needs to point it out.

So, for those who would rather have me be silent…

I take responsibility for what leaves my lips… or my keyboard. I’m Ok with that.

And I’m Ok if someone schools me and I have to admit I’m wrong on occasion. It takes real courage to admit one is wrong and if someone points out an error in my thinking or beliefs, I’m alright with that once I’ve digested the evidence of my own errors.

We cannot progress together as a human race if we’re not open to admitting when we’re wrong, right?

So, as for me… I’ll keep writing and occasionally share my own thoughts and opinions. Outlawed or not.

I’ve said it before.

If the truth becomes illegal… well then, slap me in irons. I’d rather speak the truth and be imprisoned for it then to live in a prison of lies, illogic and ignorance…


It would seem to me that today, many people would rather live in their comfortable prisons… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Please take the time to leave me your comments or just to say hello. I would love to hear from you! Thanks for spending some of your time with me. Kind regards, Mike Meehan